CVP is seeking a highly talented Data Scientist to provide expertise across several quality improvement organizations that support our federal healthcare client. Our mission is to architect, build, and support innovative health care IT systems, which focus on optimizing quality programs.
The Data Scientist will apply advanced statistical methods to healthcare data, specifically the CMS measure development environment. We seek a professional well versed in frequentist, empirical Bayes, and Bayesian methods, feature selection algorithms like LASSO and regression trees, and rare events modelling diagnostics. The role also includes validating predictive models and diagnosing issues related to model performance.
The professional in this role will collaborate with team members to develop dynamic dashboards that enhance the utility of information. We seek a creative individual with experience in geospatial analysis, visualizations and adoption of innovative techniques and approaches.
Major Areas of Responsibility
- Develop statistical models and algorithms and apply to data and claims analysis for various quality programs
- Coordinate the design, development and testing of complex and efficient programming and analytic code, as well as technical support and subject matter expertise related to specified health care programming & analytic activities, projects and deliverables
- Develop dynamic dashboards to enhance the value of information provided
- Help advance the overall analytic vision of the program
- Provide statistical expertise and assistance with data management, including data quality checks, programming and statistical analysis
- Build and code applications and/or models using various computer programming languages
- Prepare reports on analyses, findings, and project progress, and interprets and presents results to management and/or customer personnel
- Serve as technical team or task leader
- Participates in special projects as required
- Provides technical and analytic input to analytic team
- Maintains current knowledge of relevant technology as assigned and ensures the most appropriate statistical analysis is performed
- Coordinate measure calculation and data analysis for quality programs
- Perform research on emerging technologies to determine impact on application execution
- Plan, develop, test, and document highly complex applications programs.
- Test new software to ascertain the software can be successfully run on claims data and produces the expected results
- Prepare detailed specifications from which code will be written
- Participate in the gathering and review of business and technical requirements
- 5-7 years of directly related statistical analysis experience
- Master’s Degree in Epidemiology, Biostatistics, Public Health, or related field, or the equivalent combination of education, technical certifications or training, or work experience
- Experience in healthcare quality measures and outcomes
- Advanced knowledge of SAS and other statistical, sampling, data management and data entry software
- Strong knowledge of R, Python and other open-source tools
- Experience with Tableau, MicroStrategy or other dashboarding/analytic tools
- Experience applying advanced statistical methods including Bayesian statistics, logistic regression, hierarchical modeling and risk adjustment to healthcare data
- Strong background in health services research and statistical methodologies
- Excellent communication skills, client relationship skills and interpersonal skills
- Coordination and leading of project tasks
- Professional SAS Certification(s)
- Predictive analytics experience
- General CMS experience with CCSQ, Medicaid and Medicare claims
- Strong 360 degree situational awareness and ability to exercise appropriate judgment (assertive but non-confrontational)
- High levels of adaptability and agility
- An innovative mindset
- Conflict resolution, negotiation and persuasive skills
Customer Value Partners, Inc. is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor and an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability. Customer Value Partners seeks to provide employment opportunities for protected veterans and individuals with disabilities.