CVP is seeking a highly talented senior leader who is responsible for providing effective Capture/BD leadership across all NIH Institutes for CVP, including business development, strategy, pipeline development and grooming, and most importantly, capture leadership (full life-cyle). The individual will establish pipeline, strategy and capture plans, provide team leadership, mentor and motivate personnel, collaborate across the company, perform market analysis, gather client intel, monitor competitor activity, drive winning solutions, and contribute to overall CVP growth and win rates.
Major Areas of Responsibility
- Perform market research to qualify new business opportunities, including analysis of customer budget, capabilities required, customer preferences, competitive environment, and incumbent strengths and weaknesses
- Build client intimacy and relationships – coordinate meetings with customers, competitors, clients, and teammates to develop market insight on requirements, acquisition strategy, acquisition timing, and contract vehicle choices
- Serve as the lead for call plan development and execution including validation of “CVP’s solution” to targeted clients
- Independently develop and author points of view, thought pieces, white papers, position papers, and briefing decks that take CVP’s innovations and solutions to market
- Plan and participate in capture activities, to include opportunity gate reviews, collaboration sessions, and proposal reviews
- Source the “right Key Personnel and Essential Personnel” candidates ahead of and during the proposal process.
- Independently build WBS/LOEs, Staffing Models/Org Charts, Price-to-Win, and other related proposal artifacts
- Conduct after action reviews for all business opportunity capture participants to document lessons learned and identify necessary adjustments to capture technique, strategy, and actions
- Mentor less-experienced capture managers in effective capture management approaches and techniques
- Leadership skills to develop, organize and execute significant BD/strategy/capture activities, including team building, assessing win probability, and executing customer call plans to shape acquisitions
- Prior business development experience in the federal consulting market
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field and 10+ years of related experience
- Demonstrated access to key government customers and industry partners
- Demonstrated working knowledge of the Federal Acquisition Regulations (FAR)
- Ability to use automated tools such as Microsoft Office to present ideas, information, and reports
- Experience with NIH budget, investments and acquisition processes
- A proven track record of successful capture management across multiple organizations at a variety of NIH acquisition sizes and types
- Ability to gain internal support, operate independently with limited supervision and feedback, and establish solid working relationships within the firm
Customer Value Partners, Inc. is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor and an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability. Customer Value Partners seeks to provide employment opportunities for protected veterans and individuals with disabilities.