CVP is looking for an experienced Scrum Master to maintain oversight and delivery of the development team working within a complex, matrix environment using Agile Scrum methodologies.
Major Areas of Responsibility
- Guide the team’s operations by facilitating ceremonies (e.g. daily standup, sprint planning) and instilling Agile principles into daily activities to ensure smooth functioning of the delivery team
- Facilitate internal and external communications (e.g. task coordination, progress tracking/reporting, dependency management)
- Work with development team to drive team velocity
- Manage and plan development team capacity
- Coach and Train development team and business stakeholders on Definition of Ready and Definition of Done as applicable
- Coach and mentor development team members around Agile methodologies; develop training plans; identify team training and tool needs
- Understand, identify and encourage behaviors necessary to drive maturity in an agile environment
- Must be able to build trust and cohesion with the development team(s)
- Work with the Program Manager to define quality measures for each sprint; define critical success factors for the development team
- Collaborate with and stay engaged with the development team;
- Organize and facilitate team backlog management, daily stand-up meetings, reviews, retrospectives, demos and other Scrum-related ceremonies
- Work with the Product Owner as needed on backlog maintenance, internal and external communication, improving transparency, and disseminating information
- Act as a buffer between the team and process overhead, so each team member can focus on the timely delivery of software
- Shield the team from interruptions and removes obstacles that may impact the delivery of the product
- Scrum Master certification required (may be CSM, PSM or SSM or equivalent)
- A minimum of 10 years’ professional experience in software development (BA, tester or developer experience on an agile team will be considered applicable) with 3 - 5 years’ experience working as a Scrum Master
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or related discipline with IT focused degree; or any combination of education and experience, which would provide an equivalent background
- Knowledge of Scaled Agile (SAFe) Framework highly desirable
- Project Management knowledge desired (PMP or equivalent certification not required)
Customer Value Partners, Inc. is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor and an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability. Customer Value Partners seeks to provide employment opportunities for protected veterans and individuals with disabilities.
Don’t see an opening in your field? Click Register above to create a general application.