Life moves faster than ever. Change is continuous, accelerated by technology and embraced by society.
How organizations respond to change determines success or failure. With drivers of change including technological disruption, a dynamic workforce, and shifting political priorities, the need for organizations to be agile and adapt to change has never been greater. To harness continuous change, organizations are turning to modernization. CVP is a management consulting company that helps organizations navigate change and prepare for a culture of continuous change with innovative strategies and solutions.
Change Happens. Continuously. Are you and your organization ready?
We’re CVP, Navigating Change.
CVP seeks a highly skilled Tier 3 Cyber Incident Analyst to execute, support, and provide expertise for the implementation of a successful Cybersecurity program.
Major Areas of Responsibility
- Provide analysis support for Tier 1 personnel.
- Support with host and network analysis to determine compromise extent and provide mitigation support on compromised systems.
- Validate and confirm critical security events and assess impact of the event.
- Research and maintain information on current security threats and applying knowledge to the security capability.
- Author intrusion detection signatures as well as other detection mechanisms and coordinate with Security Engineering to implement.
- Collect information from digital devices as part of legal investigations. Create and report on program tasks.
- Interface with the intelligence community in order to better develop and identify malicious activities and events that connect over time to form a pattern of attack.
- Recover data like documents, photos and e-mails from computer hard drives and other data storage devices that have been deleted, damaged or otherwise manipulated.
- Find evidence of illegal activity involving cybercrime offenses and examine computers that may have been involved in other types of crime.
- Use expertise to protect computers from infiltration, determine how a computer was broken in to or recover lost files.
- Use forensic tools and investigative methods to find specific electronic data, including Internet use history, word processing documents, images and other files.
- Automate workflow processes via scripting with Python or similar.
- Work with Cyber Threat Intel Team and maintaining threat indicator feeds.
- Build and maintain client and stakeholder relationships.
- Formulate and enforce work standards.
- Complete projects/deliverables on time and with quality.
- Active Top Secret government security clearance.
- Bachelor's Degree in Cybersecurity, Information, or Computer related field.
- Minimum five years’ experience in Cyber Incident Response experience is accepted in lieu of education.
- Experience demonstrating strong analytical, troubleshooting and problem-solving skills for security information and event management.
- At least 3 years of cybersecurity incident response field experience, including at least 2 years directly engaged with technical activities.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral.
- Operational knowledge with types of vulnerability assessors that shall include vulnerability assessment tools, wireless network detection, and non-signature based discovery and case handling tools.
- Experience with:
- Intrusion Detection and Preventions Systems (IDS/IPS).
- Monitoring network security events in an Enterprise Environment.
- Producing security event reports for management.
- Producing security metric reports for management.
- Security Information and Event Management (SIEM) systems.
- One or more of the following certifications:
- Certified Forensic Computer Examiner (CFCE).
- Certified Hacking Forensic Investigator (CHFI).
- CompTIA Cybersecurity Analyst (CySA+).
Customer Value Partners, Inc. is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor and an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability. Customer Value Partners seeks to provide employment opportunities for protected veterans and individuals with disabilities.