Life moves faster than ever. Change is continuous, accelerated by technology and embraced by society.
How organizations respond to change determines success or failure. With drivers of change including technological disruption, a dynamic workforce, and shifting political priorities, the need for organizations to be agile and adapt to change has never been greater. To harness continuous change, organizations are turning to modernization. CVP is a management consulting company that helps organizations navigate change and prepare for a culture of continuous change with innovative strategies and solutions.
Change Happens. Continuously. Are you and your organization ready?
We’re CVP, Navigating Change.
CVP seeks a Software API Architect who will work with project teams to design APIs in alignment with an enterprise object model standard. The professional in this role will also be responsible for making design recommendations and choices, coordinating and overseeing technical standards, including software coding standards, tools, and platforms.
Major Areas of Responsibility
- Work with internal and external consumers to gather requirements and design and document APIs.
- Communicate and establish strong API design strategies and best practices.
- Develop architectural solutions for databases, user interfaces, and web services.
- Conceptualize software solutions to address customer needs.
- Evaluate and propose platforms and coding standards to be used in project development.
- Evaluate existing software solutions to identify areas for improvement.
- Provide project governance across the enterprise.
- Must be eligible to obtain a Public Trust government security clearance.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Management Information Systems, or related field.
- 8+ years of experience in-depth knowledge of Object Oriented (OO) Analysis & Design methodology.
- Experience with defining requirements through use cases and performing analysis and design through formal OO techniques such as Class, Interaction, Sequence, Activity and State modeling.
- Extensive UML experience.
- Experience designing and modeling schemas on SQL Server and PostgreSQL.
- Experience developing professional applications with Java or other object-oriented technologies.
- Experience creating RESTful web services.
- Experienced in creating service-oriented architecture (SOA) and Microservices.
- Experience with agile development methodologies.
- Experience with cloud technologies and services such as AWS or Microsoft Azure or Google Cloud.
- Excellent knowledge of software and application design and architecture.
- Understanding of software quality assurance principles.
- A technical mindset with great attention to detail.
- Experience providing strategic technical consulting to senior Federal customers.
- Ability to communicate effectively (oral and written) to a wide range of technical acumen, including the CIO, Branch Chiefs, and staff.
- Effective management of multiple simultaneous projects.
- Experience with Containerization (Docker, Kubernetes), and Microservices architectures.
- Experience designing and implementing cloud native applications on Azure and AWS.
Customer Value Partners, Inc. is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor and an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability. Customer Value Partners seeks to provide employment opportunities for protected veterans and individuals with disabilities.