Life moves faster than ever. Change is continuous, accelerated by technology and embraced by society.
How organizations respond to change determines success or failure. With drivers of change including technological disruption, a dynamic workforce, and shifting political priorities, the need for organizations to be agile and adapt to change has never been greater. To harness continuous change, organizations are turning to modernization. CVP is a management consulting company that helps organizations navigate change and prepare for a culture of continuous change with innovative strategies and solutions.
Change Happens. Continuously. Are you and your organization ready?
We’re CVP, Navigating Change.
CVP seeks an experienced Technical Lead to serve as a leader for digital solutions focused on driving software modernization, release management, solving client issues, innovation, and talent development.
The Technical Lead will be overseeing a team of personnel focused on technical issues, including software development, product releases, and engineering tasks. The professional in this role will assist in hiring and training of technical staff, delegate work assignments, and ensure release trains are deployed on schedule. The Technical Lead/Release Manager will evaluate the technical teams’ work processes and best practices and implements changes to improve and streamline operations.
The Technical Lead will provide technical thought leadership and implementation oversight based on industry trends and drive relevant innovations to scale the client’s digital capabilities and solutions. Lastly, the professional in this role will serve as an adviser to the client and stay up to date on the latest technology trends and issues.
Major Areas of Responsibility
- Lead for release management of all deployments.
- Lead the implementation and support of technological solutions.
- Ensure staff follow processes and proposes process improvements where necessary.
- Work with delivery teams to develop solutions.
- Implement best practices and coding standards.
- Work on identifying the project risk and planning mitigation action.
- Set targets and expectations for the delivery teams.
- Coordinate with teams to develop realistic estimates.
- Fulfill all commitments by timely delivering of deliverables.
- Motivate and encourages team performance constantly.
- Conduct security audits to determine weaknesses in applications.
- Ensure that code check-ins, baselines and reviews are completed in a timely manner.
- Identify and clear roadblocks for team members.
- Verify design documents or other design artifacts are created and correctly stored in the designated document locations.
- Work with program management on release management, verifying all aspects of the release are accounted for: UI; Database; software code; base tickets; User Guides; and service dependency deployments.
- Become the primary point of contact for ad-hoc production issues, requests and conversations with government resources and assigns the work to the correct resource(s).
- Work with program management to complete annual performance reviews of technical team members.
- Must be eligible to obtain a Public Trust government security clearance.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, or Computer Engineering.
- Hands on development experience.
- Strong client facing communication skills.
- Strong written communication skills.
- 10+ years of experience with designing, developing, and leading software development transformation projects.
- 8+ years of experience with middle-tier, microservice, or Web services design, development, and operations.
- 5+ years of experience with continuous integration/deployment/delivery approaches and tooling, including Jenkins, GitLab, GitHub or similar tools.
- 5+ years of release or deployment management experience.
- Excellent technical abilities in order to successfully perform job responsibilities.
- Knowledge of a majority of the MSHA tech stack: Angular, Java, .Net, Oracle SOA, PLSQL, C# and QC automation tools.
- Well-practiced in the software development life cycle in order to oversee the various development teams in terms of their progress and ability to identify risks and potential bottlenecks that arise during the development life cycle.
- Strong leadership skills to motivate team members.
- Ability to efficiently make important decisions.
- Solid communication skills conducted in a respectful and friendly manor with team and personnel.
- High degree of adaptability in order to learn new technologies as needed.
- Ability to successfully manage the daily challenges of a technical environment.
- Ability to effectively bridge the technical gap at high level planning meetings.
- Full understanding and best practices in the use of Confluence and Jira.
- Ability to measure and manage technical debt.
- Create environment to produce consistent velocity, and ability to deliver on team estimates.
- Ability to groom and mentor team members.
- Previous government work experience.
Customer Value Partners, Inc. is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor and an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability. Customer Value Partners seeks to provide employment opportunities for protected veterans and individuals with disabilities.