Life moves faster than ever. Change is continuous, accelerated by technology and embraced by society.
How organizations respond to change determines success or failure. With drivers of change including technological disruption, a dynamic workforce, and shifting political priorities, the need for organizations to be agile and adapt to change has never been greater. To harness continuous change, organizations are turning to modernization. CVP is a management consulting company that helps organizations navigate change and prepare for a culture of continuous change with innovative strategies and solutions.
Change Happens. Continuously. Are you and your organization ready?
We’re CVP, Navigating Change.
CVP seeks a highly motivated and organized Senior QA Automation Engineer to join our team in Fairfax. The Senior QA Automation Engineer will work within a SAFe agile team environment and be responsible for testing and validating functionalities of web and windows applications. The professional in this role will be executing/creating both manual and automated regression tests using UFT as well as working with test management tools (i.e., qTest) and project management tools (i.e., JIRA). The Senior QA Automation Engineer will have the opportunity to grow skills in the QA domain, working alongside talented software developers and business analysts to produce high quality, reliable solutions for the customer.
Major Areas of Responsibility
- Develop manual test cases tailored to JIRA User Stories in a qTest environment.
- Execute and run manual test for a given application with qTest environment and capture results/create bugs.
- Develop/execute end-to-end automated tests in VBScripts and Descriptive Programming using UFT to validate the functionality of the application for regression testing.
- Develop automated tests for RESTful API Endpoints using Postman or SoapUI.
- Provide automation expertise to project team and troubleshoot automation issues. Help define, improve and implement QA best practices.
- Interact with Business Analyst/Application Development Teams to understand business technical requirements and design.
- Review quality specifications and technical design documents to provide timely and meaningful feedback to reduce risk and enhance delivery.
- Coordinate with stakeholders to continuously refine and improve measurements as a means to achieve desired customer outcomes in areas such as frequent software deployment, value discovery, system availability, and system reliability.
- Formulate and implement Agile measurements in alignment with industry practices in Lean-Agile-DevOps development. Assess CI/CD pipelines to identify trends in critical build, test, and deployment metrics.
- Participate in Peer Review of Test Cases.
- Incorporate feedback into test cases from Peer Review.
- Create test data for system testing, UAT, and regression testing.
- Execute system and field level test cases.
- Re-test defects once fixed by the developers.
- Must be eligible to obtain a Public Trust government security clearance.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field.
- 5+ years QA automation testing experience is accepted in lieu of education.
- Solid understanding of SDLC.
- Ability to perform manual and automated testing efforts for our internal application.
- Extensive knowledge in UFT.
- Strong experience in VBScripts and Descriptive Language.
- Knowledge in Agile, & Scrum methodology.
- Experience with JIRA or other project management, issue-tracking, or bug-tracking tools.
- Experience with qTest or other test management tools (ALM) with Jira Plugin.
- Experience in Web Service and SOA service testing automation tools such as SoapUI and Postman.
- Knowledge in Oracle databases and SQL queries.
- Experience developing test strategies, test plans, and test cases and driving quality through process, instrumentation, requirements and testing.
- Independent and comfortable in a fast-paced, ambiguous and often multi-directional work environment.
- Excellent communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills.
- Enjoy working in a team environment.
- Extensive knowledge in Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Experience in 508 compliance and accessibility issues.
- Selenium Web Driver.
- Experience with SAFe methodology.
Customer Value Partners, Inc. is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor and an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability. Customer Value Partners seeks to provide employment opportunities for protected veterans and individuals with disabilities.