Life moves faster than ever. Change is continuous, accelerated by technology and embraced by society.
How organizations respond to change determines success or failure. With drivers of change including technological disruption, a dynamic workforce, and shifting political priorities, the need for organizations to be agile and adapt to change has never been greater. To harness continuous change, organizations are turning to modernization. CVP is a management consulting company that helps organizations navigate change and prepare for a culture of continuous change with innovative strategies and solutions.
Change Happens. Continuously. Are you and your organization ready?
We’re CVP, Navigating Change.
CVP seeks a DevOps Engineer to design, code, test and debug software in an agile environment. The professional in this role will join a multi-functional team of enterprise level technologists dedicated to helping Americans living through births, deaths, disasters, arrests, medical emergencies and other unplanned events while on international travel.
Major Areas of Responsibility
- Design, code, test, debug, and document software that enables DevOps in an agile environment for use by development teams.
- Collaborate with other teams in the organization to define supporting infrastructure and software tools needed to enable DevOps practices in a large-scale environment.
- Learn and analyze new technologies and industry best practices to identify suitability for adoption by the organization.
- Contribute to the design and architecture of software and infrastructure to ensure projects meet goals for security, scalability, maintainability, availability, and resiliency.
- Develop reusable patterns and encourage innovation that will enable team velocity.
- Drive a quality mindset within the team.
- Engineer and construct DevOps solutions, including deployment pipelines and CICD toolkits.
- Active Secret government security clearance.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or related field.
- 5+ years of progressive experience is accepted in lieu of education.
- 5+ years development experience.
- Hands-on experience with DevOps automation and monitoring tools.
- Strong programming experience.
- Experience with automated testing technologies (such as JUnit, Spock, Selenium, or similar).
- Experience in complex projects with division or company-wide scope.
- Knowledge of CI/CD principles and technologies such as Git, Bamboo, CloudBees/Jenkins, Chef, Puppet, Ansible, etc.
- Experience with container technology such as Docker and Kubernetes.
- Experience migrating and securing web-based applications in a cloud environment.
- Fluent with agile software development best practices such as Sprints and Scrums.
- Knowledgeable of software architecture trends to include design, development and deployment of micro-services using REST.
- Experience with technical planning, deployment, integration, test/validation, and configuration of Free and Open Source Software (FOSS), Commercial-off-the-Shelf (COTS), Government-off-the-Shelf (GOTS), and custom software in both the Linux and Windows operating environments.
- In-depth knowledge of technology trends and standards, both from business and technical viewpoints.
- Application builds: .NET/Windows Batch files/ Visual Studio (’17, ’15, ’13, ’10) MSBuild/ MS Deploy/ MSTest.
- Database Builds: Oracle 12c Multi-tenancy/ Red Hat Linux/ PLSQL/ Basic DB Admin/ Linux Shell.
- Experience developing code.
- SAFe 4.5 Certification.
- Experience in applying DevOps concepts and practice in any Federal agency.
- Knowledge and experience in applying systems security standards into DevOps practice (e.g. NIST RMF, HIPAA compliance, FISMA, etc).
Customer Value Partners, Inc. is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor and an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability. Customer Value Partners seeks to provide employment opportunities for protected veterans and individuals with disabilities.