Life moves faster than ever. Change is continuous, accelerated by technology and embraced by society.
How organizations respond to change determines success or failure. With drivers of change including technological disruption, a dynamic workforce, and shifting political priorities, the need for organizations to be agile and adapt to change has never been greater. To harness continuous change, organizations are turning to modernization. CVP is a management consulting company that helps organizations navigate change and prepare for a culture of continuous change with innovative strategies and solutions.
Change Happens. Continuously. Are you and your organization ready?
We’re CVP, Navigating Change.
CVP seeks an experienced and talented Senior UI Designer/Developer to design and shape unique, user-centric interfaces and experiences.
The professional in this role will make a significant impact on a large development team, leading tasks and adding to existing frameworks and designs to create a cohesive user centered visual design and ensure an optimal user experience. The UI Designer/Developer will provide guidance to the client, other designers, and front-end-developers to improve user interfaces and the overall product experience while utilizing and stressing the importance of user centered visual design principles, best practices, and technology trends.
The Senior UI Designer/Developer will be self-directed and will take initiative to solve problems, soliciting input from team members. She or he will embrace change and explore various ways of solving problems. As a contributing member of the development team, the UI Designer/Developer is focused on adding visual design solutions to existing frameworks with the end user’s needs in mind. The professional in this role will demonstrate leadership, give guidance to the client, and navigate issues when needed.
Major Areas of Responsibility
- Serve as a team player.
- Demonstrate experience working with agile teams.
- Demonstrate the ability to collaborate closely with developers, content developers, and UX strategists.
- Create, improve and use wireframes, prototypes, style guides, user flows, and effectively communicate your interaction ideas using any of these methods.
- Utilize principles of user-centered design and effectively communicate design decisions and their importance during team interactions.
- Prepare interface and app sketches, style guides, wireframes, mock-ups, prototypes, and finished products.
- Research industry and creative technological trends and recommend appropriate advances to produce new user interfaces.
- Meet with stakeholders and subject matter experts to gather design requirements and end user information.
- Implement best practices and UI standards.
- Coordinate with teams to develop realistic estimates.
- Fulfill all commitments by timely delivering of deliverables.
- Motivate and encourages team performance constantly.
- Verify design documents or other design artifacts are created and correctly stored in the designated document locations.
- Recommend personnel for projects based on skills and abilities.
- Monitor work products of designers and front-end developers, escalating concerns as appropriate.
- Represent the practice in planning meetings with clients and other design or technical staff effectively.
- Must be eligible to obtain a Public Trust government security clearance.
- Bachelor's Degree in Graphic Design, Web Design, User Interface Design, Product Design, Computer Science or a related field.
- An equivalent combination of education and work experience is accepted in lieu of education.
- 10+ years of UI design experience and proven track record.
- Demonstrated experience coding in HTML5 and CSS3.
- Strong portfolio to be presented and defended during interview.
- Demonstrated experience utilizing mobile design best practices and U.S. web development standards to design mobile-first responsive websites and applications.
- Hands-on experience creating wireframes, prototypes, storyboards, and style guides.
- Demonstrated ability to design visual interfaces when given user stories, use cases, concepts of operation, or requirements.
- Experience working in an Agile/Scrum development environment.
- Full understanding and best practices in the use of Confluence and Jira.
- Demonstrated experience with end-to-end product design involving both UI and UX requirements.
- Demonstrated proficiency in digital tools used to implement UI/UX designs (including, but not limited to Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator, Adobe XD, Sketch, InVision, Axure, etc).
- Demonstrated history of collaborating effectively with cross-functional development teams.
- Demonstrated experience serving as a functional lead, including mentoring/coaching junior staff.
- Strong client facing communication skills.
- Strong written communication skills.
- Demonstrated experience designing mobile apps.
- Demonstrated experience coding in Java Script.
- Experience with Section 508 and WCAG accessibility standards.
- Previous government work experience.
Customer Value Partners, Inc. is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor and an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability. Customer Value Partners seeks to provide employment opportunities for protected veterans and individuals with disabilities.