Life moves faster than ever. Change is continuous, accelerated by technology and embraced by society.
How organizations respond to change determines success or failure. With drivers of change including technological disruption, a dynamic workforce, and shifting political priorities, the need for organizations to be agile and adapt to change has never been greater. To harness continuous change, organizations are turning to modernization. CVP is a management consulting company that helps organizations navigate change and prepare for a culture of continuous change with innovative strategies and solutions.
Change Happens. Continuously. Are you and your organization ready?
We’re CVP, Navigating Change.
CVP seeks a highly talented Big Data Developer to provide expertise across several projects to improve healthcare delivery and outcomes. Our mission is to architect, build, and support innovative health care IT systems which focus on optimizing quality programs.
The Big Data Developer will apply their skills to develop big data applications that use data to find new insights and to create measures that can help improve healthcare quality and performance. The professional in this role will collaborate with team members as part of a big data team that ingests, manages, and analyzes data in support of organizational goals.
Major Areas of Responsibility
- Develop applications to produce claims data for analysis by various quality programs.
- Coordinate the design, development, and testing of complex and efficient code for development and analysis of large data sets.
- Demonstrate subject matter expertise related to health care processes and terminology.
- Work alongside Big Data Engineers and Data Scientists to ensure system results are high-performing and are of high quality through data ingest, development, and data analysis.
- Develop healthcare quality solutions while maintaining security and privacy of confidential data.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or equivalent technical discipline.
- 10+ years of experience accepted in lieu of education.
- 6+ years of increasing responsibility in development roles.
- Hands-on knowledge of R and/or Python and Hadoop.
- Experience developing Spark applications using PySpark and/or SparklyR.
- Experience with software development life cycle (SDLC) processes or Agile development.
- Ability to write high‐performance, reliable, and maintainable code.
- Strong knowledge of database structures, theories, principles, and practices.
- Rich understanding of the ecosystem of big data platforms and in-depth knowledge of tools that work with the ecosystem.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Strong communication skills.
- Experience designing, building, installing, configuring and/or supporting Hadoop.
- Experience using health care data (claims data is a plus).
- Experience with API Development with REST, FHIR, or GraphQL.
- Experience with Java development.
- Experience working with SAS or an ability to quickly understand new programming languages.
- AWS, Azure, or Google Cloud platform experience.
- Exposure or experience with ETL solutions such as Sqoop, Kafka, or Trifacta.
- Exposure or experience with Tableau, MicroStrategy, Tibco, or other dashboarding/analytic tools.
Customer Value Partners, Inc. is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor and an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability. Customer Value Partners seeks to provide employment opportunities for protected veterans and individuals with disabilities.