Life moves faster than ever. Change is continuous, accelerated by technology and embraced by society.
How organizations respond to change determines success or failure. With drivers of change including technological disruption, a dynamic workforce, and shifting political priorities, the need for organizations to be agile and adapt to change has never been greater. To harness continuous change, organizations are turning to modernization. CVP is a management consulting company that helps organizations navigate change and prepare for a culture of continuous change with innovative strategies and solutions.
Change Happens. Continuously. Are you and your organization ready?
We’re CVP, Navigating Change.
CVP seeks a Blaise Developer to provide programming services for the creation, modification, and the support of automated questionnaire instruments or listing instruments. These will be used on laptops by field interviewers or on desktop PCs by telephone interviewers or on other platforms (such as mobile devices) in the future.
Major Areas of Responsibility
- Develop or modify program code using Blaise authoring language software.
- Participate in the design, planning and development of program specifications, instrument requirements, interface requirements, and input/output file layouts, using workshops, user meetings/discussions, and walk-throughs.
- Document source code such that the code can be understood and maintained by other programmers.
- Ensure that program code developed/modified is maintained in a designated configuration management library and that established configuration management policies and standards are adhered to.
- Update spreadsheets or schedules in other formats with actual deliverable dates and status for the work assigned to them.
- Record time spent on each project each month (possibly by task) in a system (or systems) specified by the Census Bureau (work may involve multiple projects).
- Perform testing of instruments and related programs:
- Create test data, developing testing scenarios, and documenting results of testing.
- Create build and release instrument packages to testing, production, and other environments as required, following standard procedures.
- Develop and provide release notes at the time of instrument delivery for testing and production.
- Participate in end user testing sessions, where interviewers test and provide feedback on instruments.
- Participate in meetings to advise and guide sponsoring divisions unfamiliar with the capabilities of authoring software to explain the software's functionality, how to optimize an instrument design, how the instrument fits into other systems, etc.
- Attend user conferences, training sessions, field tests, etc. to present information, to provide technical support, or to gain knowledge of the work performed by our interviewing staff.
- Attend field observations to observe field or telephone interviewers using the instruments in order to obtain a better understanding of how the software is used and how the interviewing staff interact with the software.
- Must be eligible to obtain a Public Trust government security clearance.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science.
- 0-2 years of experience accepted in lieu of education.
- Knowledge and experience in:
- C, C#, C++, ASP.NET, VB.NET, PL/SQL, JAVA, and Oracle.
- Strong communication skills.
- Ability to demonstrate initiative, remain flexible and be a great team player.
Customer Value Partners, Inc. is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor and an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability. Customer Value Partners seeks to provide employment opportunities for protected veterans and individuals with disabilities.