Life moves faster than ever. Change is continuous, accelerated by technology and embraced by society.
How organizations respond to change determines success or failure. With drivers of change including technological disruption, a dynamic workforce, and shifting political priorities, the need for organizations to be agile and adapt to change has never been greater. To harness continuous change, organizations are turning to modernization. CVP is a management consulting company that helps organizations navigate change and prepare for a culture of continuous change with innovative strategies and solutions.
Change Happens. Continuously. Are you and your organization ready?
We’re CVP, Navigating Change.
CVP seeks highly talented Business Analysts to join our growing team in the Washington, D.C. and Baltimore Metropolitan areas. This is an exciting career opportunity for a professional with an interest in consulting and business analysis. The ideal professional in this role is entrepreneurial, innovative, analytical, and has a strong interest in how technology solves matters of great national importance, especially in healthcare, national security, and digital government.
Major Areas of Responsibility
- Elicit, analyze, validate, specify, verify, and manage the real needs of the project stakeholders, including customers and end users.
- Serve as the conduit between the customer community and the software development team through which requirements flow.
- Assimilate quickly into CVP’s consultative approach.
- Utilize analytical skills to solve interesting and complex problems.
- Must be eligible to obtain a Public Trust government security clearance.
- Bachelor’s Degree.
- Possess excellent listening skills in order to understand what people say and to detect what they might be hesitant to say.
- Interviewing and questioning skills in order to talk with individuals and groups about their needs and ask the right questions to surface essential requirements information.
- Ability to think on your feet in order to go beyond planned questions and respond to whatever input you hear from the people you are interviewing.
- Analytical skills in order to critically evaluate the information gathered from multiple sources, reconcile conflicts, decompose high-level information into details, and abstract up from low-level information to a more general understanding.
- Analytical skills in order to distinguish presented user requests from the underlying true needs and distinguish solution ideas from requirements.
- Systems thinking skills in order to be able to see the interactions and relationships between the people, processes, and technology involved in an environment.
- Learning skills, to pick up new information quickly.
- Facilitation skills, to lead requirements elicitation workshops.
- Leadership skills, to create a collaborative environment and influence people to move toward a common goal.
- Observational skills, to validate data obtained via other techniques and expose new areas for elicitation.
- Communication skills, to communicate information effectively and inappropriate forms to customers, marketing, managers, and technical staff.
- Organizational skills, to work with the vast array of information gathered during elicitation and analysis and to cope with rapidly changing information.
- Modeling skills, to represent requirements information in graphical forms that augment textual representations in natural language, including using modeling languages already established in the development organization.
- Interpersonal skills, to help negotiate priorities and to resolve conflicts among project stakeholders (such as customers, product management, and engineering).
- Creativity, to propose requirements that no one even imagined.
- Coursework in business or information systems.
- Up to one year of relevant experience.
Customer Value Partners, Inc. is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor and an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability. Customer Value Partners seeks to provide employment opportunities for protected veterans and individuals with disabilities.