Life moves faster than ever. Change is continuous, accelerated by technology and embraced by society.
How organizations respond to change determines success or failure. With drivers of change including technological disruption, a dynamic workforce, and shifting political priorities, the need for organizations to be agile and adapt to change has never been greater. To harness continuous change, organizations are turning to modernization. CVP is a management consulting company that helps organizations navigate change and prepare for a culture of continuous change with innovative strategies and solutions.
Change Happens. Continuously. Are you and your organization ready?
We’re CVP, Navigating Change.
CVP seeks an Educational Technology Instructor to provide knowledge and expertise in using educational technology in the multimedia labs and classroom settings. While necessarily versed in technical aspects and considerations of such efforts, the professional in this role’s key contribution is in the knowledge of instructional techniques and strategies associated with the use of technology in educational setting. The Educational Technology Instructor will serve FSI School of Language Studies staff, but will train and assist staff from all FSI Schools and Centers.
Major Areas of Responsibility
- Develop and deliver FSI Multimedia Lab orientation sessions for FSI staff and students.
- Design, develop, and deliver the FSI Multimedia Lab training curriculum, thereby preparing FSI staff to develop and deliver instruction to the US Department of State Foreign Service workforce.
- Design, develop, and deliver educational technology-based and face-to-face training programs for training FSI staff in the use of traditional and cloud-based eLearning technologies in the FSI Multimedia Labs and other environments.
- Conduct needs analysis develop training objectives, schedule lesson plans and evaluations, and collaborates on instructional treatment with Government program staff.
- Develop and write interactive rubric job training aids to support the curriculum.
- Collaborate with Government program staff and FSI instructors to make recommendations for appropriate educational technology resources available online and at FSI.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams across FSI to promote and effectively use both standardized and emergent educational technologies in both traditional and innovative ways.
- Support students and staff in their use of personal devices to access educational technology services supported by FSI.
- Provide necessary and appropriate educational technology technical support to instructors and students in using FSI Multimedia Lab technologies and resources.
- Collaborate with the FSI Multimedia Labs support team to provide moderate technical assistance in the labs to staff and students, and refers technical issues to the appropriate team member for resolution.
- Support Media Specialists in recording sessions (in the FSI Recording Studio) and in performing media duplication services (government-specific training provided).
- Bachelor’s Degree in a formal training pedagogy related field.
- Minimum 2 years of general experience plus 2 years of related experience, or 5 years of general professional experience.
- Demonstrated experience applying educational strategies and instructional techniques to:
- Adult second-language acquisition;
- Experienced use of educational technologies in educational labs and environments to support FSI language training and other curricula.
- Ability to transfer knowledge of instructional techniques involving use of educational technologies to instructional staff.
- Demonstrated experience developing and delivering technology-based and face-to-face teacher training.
- Demonstrated knowledge and familiarity with technical issues pertinent to using educational technology in the classroom, such as using audio, video, and (particularly in foreign language instruction) use of foreign language fonts.
- Demonstrated expertise with state-of-the-art collaborative and social learning lab systems, and the use of customized content management systems in a web-based learning environment.
- Familiar with educational technology resources available to teaching, such as MOOCs.
- Familiar with the use of devices in learning technologies.
- Demonstrated experience with Windows-based client/server and eLearning environments.
- Master’s degree in Educational Technology or a related field.
- Experience using collaborative or social learning environments as tools for mobile foreign language learning and other areas of professional education.
- Demonstrated expertise with the Sony Virtuoso platform for staff and the Sony Soloist tool for students.
Customer Value Partners, Inc. is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor and an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability. Customer Value Partners seeks to provide employment opportunities for protected veterans and individuals with disabilities.