Life moves faster than ever. Change is continuous, accelerated by technology and embraced by society.
How organizations respond to change determines success or failure. With drivers of change including technological disruption, a dynamic workforce, and shifting political priorities, the need for organizations to be agile and adapt to change has never been greater. To harness continuous change, organizations are turning to modernization. CVP is a management consulting company that helps organizations navigate change and prepare for a culture of continuous change with innovative strategies and solutions.
Change Happens. Continuously. Are you and your organization ready?
We’re CVP, Navigating Change.
CVP seeks a Senior Technical Quality Specialist who will be critical to ensuring products meet usability standards and Section 508/accessibility requirements. This key senior professional will oversee workflow among Technical Quality Specialists. In that role, he or she will recommend personnel for projects based on skills and abilities, monitor the section for common issues among different projects, and propose new methods and technologies as appropriate to optimize workflow.
The Senior Technical Quality Specialist professional is required to have 5 years of experience in order to demonstrate the expert ability to test for functionality and accessibility of media-rich and complex courses and products, as well as build the leadership skills to work with/coach Technical Quality Specialists. The professional in this role may be required to test new and unique products as ISD branches into new types of multimodal development.
Major Areas of Responsibility
- Oversee Technical Quality Specialists (TQS), who interact with other training professionals to produce online learning materials.
- Recommend personnel for projects/tasks based on skills and abilities.
- Monitor work products of Technical Quality Specialists and escalates concerns as appropriate.
- Provide support to Technical Quality Specialists to facilitate tight timelines in a results-oriented environment.
- Represent the section in planning meetings with government staff.
- Act as liaison between section and other technical staff, if necessary. Ensures products comply with section 508/federal accessibility regulations.
- Work with design team (instructional designer, web content editor, graphic designer, and web developer) to address accessibility, usability, and functionality issues early in the design process.
- Direct help desk tickets to appropriate staff for troubleshooting, assists helpdesk with testing/verification of user tickets, and coordinates changes/updates with technical staff.
- Conduct testing of legacy courses to ensure accessibility standards are met with new systems and technologies, coordinates needed changes with technical staff.
- Minimum 5 years related experience.
- Demonstrated experience managing staff and monitoring performance against business goals.
- Demonstrated experience working with production teams and managing product workflow.
- Demonstrated expertise with section 508/web accessibility guidelines.
- Demonstrated experience with JAWS and industry-standard accessibility/section 508 testing tools.
- Demonstrated experience with online training products, including but not limited to responsive web pages, mobile apps, podcasts, and short video screenplays.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a fast-paced environment while maintaining positive relationships with colleagues.
- DHS Trusted Tester certification.
- Familiarity with US Government web development policies and standards.
- Familiarity with UI/UX principles.
- Experienced with appropriate hardware and software used in the creation of digital media.
- Experience with change and version control systems.
Customer Value Partners, Inc. is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor and an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability. Customer Value Partners seeks to provide employment opportunities for protected veterans and individuals with disabilities.