Life moves faster than ever. Change is continuous, accelerated by technology and embraced by society.
How organizations respond to change determines success or failure. With drivers of change including technological disruption, a dynamic workforce, and shifting political priorities, the need for organizations to be agile and adapt to change has never been greater. To harness continuous change, organizations are turning to modernization. CVP is a management consulting company that helps organizations navigate change and prepare for a culture of continuous change with innovative strategies and solutions.
Change Happens. Continuously. Are you and your organization ready?
We’re CVP, Navigating Change.
CVP seeks a Senior Web Editor to ensure the quality of written content for use in technology-based training. The professional in this role will monitor the work of Web Content Editors. In that role, he or she will recommend personnel for projects based on skills and abilities, monitor the section for workload, identify common issues among different projects, and propose new methods and technologies as appropriate to optimize workflow.
Major Areas of Responsibility
- Oversee a team of web content editors who interact with other training professionals to produce online learning materials.
- Recommend personnel for projects based on skills and abilities.
- Monitor work products of Web Content Editors and escalates concerns as appropriate.
- Provide editorial oversight on materials that address a wide range of subjects, ranging from technical procedures to soft-skills training.
- Provide support to Web Content Editors to facilitate tight timelines in a results-oriented environment.
- Act as liaison between section and other technical staff, if necessary.
- Represent the section in planning meetings with government staff.
- Maintain a thorough knowledge of subjects important to Foreign Service Officers and apply knowledge to help others produce appropriate, effective, and meaningful content.
- Must be eligible to obtain a Secret government security clearance.
- Master’s Degree in Journalism, English, Communications, or a related field.
- Minimum 5 years related experience.
- Demonstrated experience managing staff and monitoring performance against business goals.
- Demonstrated experience writing and editing for online formats and platforms.
- Demonstrated knowledge of current best practices in preparing content for online formats.
- Demonstrated experience with online training products, including but not limited to responsive web pages, mobile apps, podcasts, and short video screenplays.
- Demonstrated experience working with subject matter experts to validate content while producing focused, engaging online content.
- Demonstrated ability to apply AP or other industry-standard style guides.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a fast-paced environment while maintaining positive relationships with colleagues.
- Demonstrated experience in developmental editing, copyediting, and proofreading.
- Demonstrated experience working with production teams and managing product workflow.
- Demonstrated knowledge of, and experience in, producing content relevant to the State Department.
- Demonstrated knowledge of section 508/web accessibility guidelines.
Customer Value Partners, Inc. is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor and an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability. Customer Value Partners seeks to provide employment opportunities for protected veterans and individuals with disabilities.