Life moves faster than ever. Change is continuous, accelerated by technology and embraced by society.
How organizations respond to change determines success or failure. With drivers of change including technological disruption, a dynamic workforce, and shifting political priorities, the need for organizations to be agile and adapt to change has never been greater. To harness continuous change, organizations are turning to modernization. CVP is a management consulting company that helps organizations navigate change and prepare for a culture of continuous change with innovative strategies and solutions.
Change Happens. Continuously. Are you and your organization ready?
We’re CVP, Navigating Change.
CVP seeks a Lead Digital Learning Engineer who will be the nexus for development efforts, serving as thought leader for the development team and creating efficiencies through viewing different work streams and looking for opportunities to create reusable, sharable code bases. The professional in this role will not only monitor developers as they engage in the design, analysis, implementation, and maintenance of web-based solutions, but also engage in these processes as a team member for constant hands-on experience. The professional in this role will be a key player in leveraging new technologies and new approaches to solve learning problems in collaboration with the design team. In addition, the professional in this role will monitor and coach developers as they engage in the design, analysis, implementation, and maintenance of web-based.
The professional in this role will be required to have a high degree of experience to demonstrate the Lead Digital Learning Engineer’s proven performance in not only creating such high-level solutions, but also in leading other developers to do so.
Major Areas of Responsibility
- Design/maintain enterprise-level architecture to support device-independent learning product development.
- Stay abreast of new technologies and seek opportunities to leverage them in addressing FSI’s digital learning needs.
- Monitor development projects for opportunities to create efficiencies and reduce duplication of efforts.
- Gather user stories & business requirements and applies them to help formulate the technical approach to products.
- Collaborate with instructional designers, UI/UX designers, and editors to design technology-based learning solutions in an Agile environment.
- Build and maintains educational software using appropriate programming languages.
- Code for cross-browser compatibility and Section 508 compliance. Serves as a consultant on coding Section 508-compliant products for development team.
- Test software for functionality and usability.
- Prepare and submits files for uploading to Learning Management Systems and web servers.
- Test software for functionality and usability.
- Maintain codebase and documentation as necessary.
- Prepare and updates documentation.
- Communicate with & provides status updates to project team & clients.
- Work with LMS staff on Help Desk issues and leads staff to resolve issues that result from course code. When possible, leverages this knowledge to prevent future Help Desk tickets.
- Oversee a team of developers who interact with other training professionals to produce online learning materials.
- Recommend personnel for projects based on skills and abilities.
- Monitor work products of developers and escalates concerns as appropriate.
- Provide support to developers to facilitate tight timelines in a results-oriented environment.
- Act as liaison between section and other technical staff, if necessary.
- Represent the section in planning meetings with government staff.
- Experience with TFS and source control in a team environment.
- Create/Modify Build definitions on Team Foundation Server.
- Create Projects and Branching on Team Foundation Server.
- Must be eligible to obtain a Secret government security clearance.
- Master’s Degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or related field.
- An additional ten (10) years of related professional experience accepted in lieu of education.
- Minimum 8 years of demonstrated experience in creating web-based products with 2 years of experience managing development staff.
- Experience building and maintaining enterprise-level architecture to support device-independent learning product development.
- Demonstrated experience creating e-learning products.
- Demonstrated experience and expertise in creating responsive web-based products.
- Demonstrated experience and expertise with interface usability and Section 508 accessibility.
- Demonstrated experience and expertise with .net and SQLServer.
- Demonstrated expertise with SCORM, section 508 accessibility, learning management systems, and integrating streaming media.
- Demonstrated experience and expertise serving as technical lead and leader of development staff.
- Expertise with code versioning tools, including but not limited to Git or TFS.
- Familiarity with industry standard and USG web development policies and standards.
- Ability to serve as liaison with LMS team under the guidance of government staff, troubleshoot complex issues, and maintain positive relationships.
- Ability to work on tight timelines and prioritize work to complete projects on time.
- Positive interpersonal skills and a customer-service orientation.
- Ability to Reverse engineer software.
- Experience evaluating existing products, code, and processes to suggest modern, cost-effective approaches to production.
- Experience redesigning development processes and workflows to maximize output and reduce costs.
- Experience working on Agile project teams.
- Experience with gaming and/or simulations
- Experience with video and media.
- Experience with e-books and e-publishing.
- Experience developing foreign language products.
Customer Value Partners, Inc. is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor and an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability. Customer Value Partners seeks to provide employment opportunities for protected veterans and individuals with disabilities.