Life moves faster than ever. Change is continuous, accelerated by technology and embraced by society.
How organizations respond to change determines success or failure. With drivers of change including technological disruption, a dynamic workforce, and shifting political priorities, the need for organizations to be agile and adapt to change has never been greater. To harness continuous change, organizations are turning to modernization. CVP is a management consulting company that helps organizations navigate change and prepare for a culture of continuous change with innovative strategies and solutions.
Change Happens. Continuously. Are you and your organization ready?
We’re CVP, Navigating Change.
CVP seeks an Archivist who will be responsible for assembling, cataloguing, preserving and managing valuable collections of historical information. The professional in this role will be instrumental in providing customer and documentation support.
Major Areas of Responsibility
- Manage classified and unclassified records and platforms to enable foreign policy trainers and practitioners to develop and utilize case studies related to the conduct of diplomacy.
- Create and maintain accessible computer archives, retrieve/digitize documents from hard-copy archives, and search outside sources for relevant materials to augment the State Department’s records.
- Support CSCD advisors and fellows in finding internal and external source materials for ongoing comparative case studies.
- Design & implement a system (SharePoint or similar system) to access, classify and organize large quantities of documents, classified/unclassified, electronic and hard-copy, so they can be studied and analyzed.
- Research sources of information from internal and external sources using key words.
- Create archival collections management systems.
- Catalog material by inputting data into aforementioned archival collections management systems.
- Conduct surveys and analysis of archived collections.
- Be able to design and build a SharePoint site or similar solution that will become the digital archive for the Center for the Study of the Conduct of Diplomacy at FSI.
- Evaluate information gathered from multiple sources critically, reconcile conflicts, and distinguish user requests from the underlying true needs.
- Operate both as a member of a small team but also with wide latitude and independence.
- Engage in multiple initiatives simultaneously.
- Must be eligible to obtain a Secret government security clearance.
- A minimum of 2 years of relevant/relatable experience is desired, but not mandatory.
- Possess strong analytical skills, including a thorough understanding of how to search out new sources of information and to determine what is useful.
- Possess excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to interact professionally with foreign policy practitioners.
- Experience with the use of the Microsoft Office suite and Microsoft SharePoint system.
Customer Value Partners, Inc. is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor and an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability. Customer Value Partners seeks to provide employment opportunities for protected veterans and individuals with disabilities.