Life moves faster than ever. Change is continuous, accelerated by technology and embraced by society.
How organizations respond to change determines success or failure. With drivers of change including technological disruption, a dynamic workforce, and shifting political priorities, the need for organizations to be agile and adapt to change has never been greater. To harness continuous change, organizations are turning to modernization. CVP is a management consulting company that helps organizations navigate change and prepare for a culture of continuous change with innovative strategies and solutions.
Change Happens. Continuously. Are you and your organization ready?
We’re CVP, Navigating Change.
CVP seeks a Release Manager who will be responsible for implementing and managing release processes for code through development, test, and production environments. The professional in this role will also assist in managing projects and interdependencies to ensure milestone adherence to ensure the integrity of the release can be measured. The professional in this role will be instrumental in maintaining and managing projects to support Release Management processes. The professional in this role will provide guidance and support to all technical positions including system architects, developers and database administrators.
Major Areas of Responsibility
- Work continuously to improve the release management process, including working with client and team leads to review stress points and discuss alternative processes
- Develop and review project's schedule estimates while taking into consideration, level of effort, using established estimating models, best practices, and past experience.
- Confirm the initial scope of the release.
- Validate, plan, and coordinate the release content based on the service request backlog, pending service requests.
- Confirm that the application release project is properly staffed, resources are available, processes and standards are up-to-date, and the team is oriented and trained on their release roles and responsibilities.
- Assist in resolving issues that affect release scope, quality, schedule, and resources.
- Measure and monitor progress to ensure application releases are delivered on time and within budget, and that they meet or exceed expectations
- Present senior management for all key project plans, commitments, and changes including requirements, quality assurance plans, budget, schedule, and scope changes
- Manage relationships and coordinate work between different teams at different locations.
- Ensure that project resources receive any necessary training.
- Makes sure all work follow the release work plan and address the release requirements and, where necessary, propose the change to management.
- Measure, monitor, and communicate the application release status to the appropriate audience and provide updates regarding risks and issues as needed.
- Confirm that the initial scope of the release, including determination of the release priority (relative to other work being performed), is clearly defined.
- Negotiate, plans, and coordinates the release content and effort based on the service request backlog, pending service requests, third-party applications, or operating system updates; proactively manage project financials.
- Confirm that the application release project is properly staffed, other resources are available and reserved.
- Process and confirm that standards are up-to-date, and the team is oriented and rained on their release roles and responsibilities.
- Make sure all issues and service requests are routed to the appropriate management team, and identify candidates for inclusion within release.
- Must be eligible to obtain a Secret government security clearance.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Sciences, or related IT discipline.
- An additional ten (10) years of related professional experience accepted in lieu of education.
- A minimum of eight years of professional experience in software release management.
- A minimum of 15 (fifteen) years related in the software industry.
Customer Value Partners, Inc. is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor and an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability. Customer Value Partners seeks to provide employment opportunities for protected veterans and individuals with disabilities.