Life moves faster than ever. Change is continuous, accelerated by technology and embraced by society.
How organizations respond to change determines success or failure. With drivers of change including technological disruption, a dynamic workforce, and shifting political priorities, the need for organizations to be agile and adapt to change has never been greater. To harness continuous change, organizations are turning to modernization. CVP is a management consulting company that helps organizations navigate change and prepare for a culture of continuous change with innovative strategies and solutions.
Change Happens. Continuously. Are you and your organization ready?
We’re CVP, Navigating Change.
CVP seeks a Configuration Manager to identify, organize, and control software and hardware configuration changes. The professional in this role will also identify and coordinate processes for version management, system build, backup and recovery, archiving, and change management. The professional in this role will be instrumental in maintaining and managing projects to support Configuration Management processes. The professional in this role will provide guidance and support to all technical positions
Major Areas of Responsibility
- Review, update and create documentation to reflect configuration baselines.
- Prepare directives for change authorization and implementation.
- Review all engineering change requests to assess impact upon configuration baseline and logistics support elements.
- Conduct Release Readiness Reviews, Milestone Reviews, and Business Go/No-Go Reviews.
- Work with build engineers to understand impact of branches and code merges.
- Responsible for maintaining the tools and processes for a large, enterprise level system in a fast-paced, agile, client-oriented environment, including integration of CM tools with the agile processes and build / deployment tools, to create and support the agile operations and automated builds and deployment.
- Perform software configuration management for multiple enterprise applications incorporating CI/CD. Define, implement, and improve the release management process.
- Analyze and propose innovative approaches (tools, processes, methods, plug-ins, etc.) for continuously enhancing the client’s SW engineering through deployment processes.
- Adhere, maintain, and enhance enterprise level configuration management related policies, processes and procedures.
- Plan/coordinate release schedules and cycles with all necessary teams.
- Develop CM dashboards, measure, and monitor progress to ensure application releases are delivered on time and meet or exceed expectations.
- Manage risks and resolve issues that affect release scope, schedule, and quality.
- Research and prototype new tools and technologies to meet both, new business requirements and evolving technical requirements such as automated software development and delivery pipeline, DevOps integration, automated deployment, etc.
- Work closely with quality assurance and management representatives to ensure accurate and well-documented product baseline
- Must be eligible to obtain a Secret government security clearance.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Sciences, or related IT discipline.
- An additional ten (10) years of related professional experience accepted in lieu of education.
- A minimum of 10 (ten) years of experience in configuration management is required.
- A minimum of 15(fifteen) years related in the software industry.
- Experience creating a configuration baseline and control it throughout the lifecycle of highly complex information systems.
- Maintain configuration control records and technical documents.
- Ability to facilitate and advise Configuration Control Boards (CCBs).
- Ability to maintain allocated, functional and physical baseline control.
- Ability to perform audit support.
Customer Value Partners, Inc. is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor and an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability. Customer Value Partners seeks to provide employment opportunities for protected veterans and individuals with disabilities.