Life moves faster than ever. Change is continuous, accelerated by technology and embraced by society.
How organizations respond to change determines success or failure. With drivers of change including technological disruption, a dynamic workforce, and shifting political priorities, the need for organizations to be agile and adapt to change has never been greater. To harness continuous change, organizations are turning to modernization. CVP is a management consulting company that helps organizations navigate change and prepare for a culture of continuous change with innovative strategies and solutions.
Change Happens. Continuously. Are you and your organization ready?
We’re CVP, Navigating Change.
CVP seeks a Information assurance / Security Specialist who will be charged with the assuring information and managing risks related to the use, processing, storage, and transmission of information or data and the systems and processes used for those purposes. The professional in this role will be instrumental in scheduling and managing projects to support Information Assurance processes. The professional in this role will provide guidance and support to all technical positions including system architects, developers and database administrators.
Major Areas of Responsibility
- Conduct security assessments of system security plans to help ensure that plans provide security controls for information systems that meet stated security requirements.
- Support the risk management process by helping to determine and assign risk impact ratings in accordance with Information Assurance for Information Security Officers (ISSO) standards guidelines and methodologies and by aiding in the development and maintenance of Plans of Action and Milestones for IT systems identified in the Risk Management Framework process and annual security assessments of IT systems.
- Conduct comprehensive assessments of the management, operational, and technical security controls employed within or inherited by an information system to determine the overall effectiveness of the controls.
- Ensure compliance of security configurations for IT systems and aid in providing clear and concise processes and procedures for the implementation and enforcement of system security configurations.
- Provide assessments of the severity of weaknesses or deficiencies discovered in the information system and its environment of operation and recommend corrective actions to address identified vulnerabilities and prepare the security assessment reports containing the results and findings from system security assessments.
- Must be eligible to obtain a Secret government security clearance.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Sciences, or related IT discipline.
- An additional ten (10) years of related professional experience accepted in lieu of education.
- A minimum of eight (8) years of professional experience in Information Assurance is required.
- A minimum of eight (8) years related in the Information Assurance field.
- Eperience with FISMA processes, NIST guidance, and writing security controls
- Multi-task capability, handling multiple projects and serves as advisor for other application development staff to ensure ISSO standards are adhered.
- Ability to serve as primary contact and technical advisor to clients and application developers to provide established ISSO standards during and post software development lifecycle and project management lifecycle.
- Extensive knowledge of the US Government Information Assurance Security Processes.
- Familiarity with the Security Technical Implementation Guide (STIG) and Security Readiness Review (SRR).
- Knowledge of DOS/FSI specific Information Assurance policies and procedures, and processes.
- Prefer to have hands on experience and at least one of the following professional certifications: Security+; CISSP, CISA, GSEC, or GSLC & OS Certificates.
Customer Value Partners, Inc. is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor and an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability. Customer Value Partners seeks to provide employment opportunities for protected veterans and individuals with disabilities.