Life moves faster than ever. Change is continuous, accelerated by technology and embraced by society.
How organizations respond to change determines success or failure. With drivers of change including technological disruption, a dynamic workforce, and shifting political priorities, the need for organizations to be agile and adapt to change has never been greater. To harness continuous change, organizations are turning to modernization. CVP is a management consulting company that helps organizations navigate change and prepare for a culture of continuous change with innovative strategies and solutions.
Change Happens. Continuously. Are you and your organization ready?
We’re CVP, Navigating Change.
CVP seeks a Business Analyst to gather, review, analyze and evaluate business systems and user needs. The professional in this role will document requirements, define scope and objectives and formulate systems to parallel overall business strategies. The professional in this role will need to set an example for and be prepared to mentor other business analysts. The professional in this role will be instrumental in gathering requirements and building customer relationships. The professional in this role will provide guidance and support to all technical positions including system architects, developers and database administrators.
Major Areas of Responsibility
- Obtain requirements using interviews, document analysis, requirements workshops, surveys, site visits, business process descriptions, use cases, scenarios, business analysis, and task and workflow analysis.
- Evaluate information critically gathered from multiple sources, reconcile conflicts, decompose high-level information into details, abstract up from low-level information to a general understanding, and distinguish user requests from the underlying true needs.
- Write, or assist in the writing of, functional requirements, use cases, GUI mockups, and screen and interface designs.
- Successfully engage in multiple initiatives simultaneously.
- Serve as the conduit between the customer community and the software development team through which requirements flow.
- Work closely with the Project Manager and Data Architect.
- Develop requirement specifications according to FSI templates, using natural language.
- Must be eligible to obtain a Secret government security clearance.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Sciences, or related IT discipline.
- An additional ten (10) years of related professional experience accepted in lieu of education.
- Certified Scrum Master (CSM)
- A minimum of five (5) years of professional experience as a business analyst
- A minimum of eight (8) years related in the software development field.
- Be equally adept designing new, and re-engineering existing, systems.
- Possess strong analytical and product management skills, including a thorough understanding of how to interpret customer business needs and translate them into application and operational requirements.
- Possess excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to interact professionally with a d verse group, including managers, clients, and other members of the development team.
- A minimum of two years professional experience working as a business analyst is desired.
- Experience with Agile Scrum methodologies and the Scrum Master role.
- Evaluate cloud applications, platforms, infrastructures and standards in order to align with current and future business strategies.
- Evaluate and recommend COTS, Cloud or GOTS, application software packages.
Customer Value Partners, Inc. is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor and an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability. Customer Value Partners seeks to provide employment opportunities for protected veterans and individuals with disabilities.