Life moves faster than ever. Change is continuous, accelerated by technology and embraced by society.
How organizations respond to change determines success or failure. With drivers of change including technological disruption, a dynamic workforce, and shifting political priorities, the need for organizations to be agile and adapt to change has never been greater. To harness continuous change, organizations are turning to modernization. CVP is a management consulting company that helps organizations navigate change and prepare for a culture of continuous change with innovative strategies and solutions.
Change Happens. Continuously. Are you and your organization ready?
We’re CVP, Navigating Change.
CVP seeks a Project Manager to oversee and document all aspects of the Systems Development Life Cycle and provide oversight and guidance for company resources. The professional in this role will be instrumental in scheduling, managing, and building customer relationships to support our critical systems. The professional in this role will provide guidance and support to all technical positions including system architects, developers and database administrators.
Major Areas of Responsibility
- Oversee all projects phases, including designing, planning, managing and executing SDLC lifecycle.
- Create and enforce, release plans and change management.
- Support the prioritization of work to ensure alignment with business goals and objectives
- Manage risks and issues proactively; develop and execute risk response plans, run point on project escalations and monitor issues to resolution
- Measure, monitor and report work progress to ensure high-quality deliverable are produced on-time, within budget, and meet or exceed commitments and expectations.
- Document and support the implementation of project management process improvements. Complete all documentation required for the project.
- Analyze new and complex project, related problems, creates innovative solutions involving finance, scheduling, technology, methodology, tools, and solution components.
- Prepare long and short-range plans for application selection, systems development, systems maintenance, and production activities and for necessary support resources.
- Attend meetings, briefings, conferences as required for the customer
- Act as a subject-matter expert to multiple complex work assignments
- Must be eligible to obtain a Secret government security clearance.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Sciences, or related IT discipline.
- An additional ten (10) years of related professional experience accepted in lieu of education.
- Project Management Professional Certification (PMP)
- Certified Scrum Master (CSM)
- A minimum of ten (10) years of professional experience in IT project management is required.
- A minimum of fifteen (15) years related in the software development field
- Lead team on large projects or significant segment of large complex projects.
- Plan, schedule, execute and monitor projects of varying scope, sizes and durations. Oversee the day-to-day activities of one or more cross-functional project teams. Oversees all aspects of projects.
- Responsible and accountable for delivering projects on-time, on budget, and meeting functional and quality specifications.
- Manage issues, risks, and change using appropriate and agreed upon processes and tools established within the POC.
- Implement and manage continuous process improvement (CPI), quality assurance (including, but not limited to, tracking performance, cost outcomes, CPI awareness training).
- Able to fully utilize Microsoft Project.
Customer Value Partners, Inc. is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor and an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability. Customer Value Partners seeks to provide employment opportunities for protected veterans and individuals with disabilities.