Life moves faster than ever. Change is continuous, accelerated by technology and embraced by society.
How organizations respond to change determines success or failure. With drivers of change including technological disruption, a dynamic workforce, and shifting political priorities, the need for organizations to be agile and adapt to change has never been greater. To harness continuous change, organizations are turning to modernization. CVP is a management consulting company that helps organizations navigate change and prepare for a culture of continuous change with innovative strategies and solutions.
Change Happens. Continuously. Are you and your organization ready?
We’re CVP, Navigating Change.
CVP seeks a Database Engineer to be responsible for design, development, operational maintenance and delivery of data and database solutions. The professional in this role will support and maintain data and database systems to meet business delivery specifications and needs. The professional in this role will be instrumental in providing guidance and support to other developers and QA.
Major Areas of Responsibility
- Design, implement, and maintain complex databases, access methods, access time, device allocation, validation checks, organization, protection and security, documentation, and statistical methods. Manage long-range requirements for database administration.
- Conduct quality control and auditing of databases in a client/server environment to ensure accurate and appropriate use of data.
- Apply knowledge and experience with database technologies, development methodologies, and front-end back-end programming languages. Performs database programming and supports systems design.
- Experience masking and replicating large data sets (for privacy and testing purposes) using enterprise tools
- Maintain database's dictionaries, design, storage, and integration of systems through database design.
- Must be eligible to obtain a Secret government security clearance.
- Master’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Sciences, Cyber Security, or related IT discipline.
- Bachelor’s degree and an additional ten (10) years of related professional experience accepted in lieu of education.
- A minimum of 8 (eight) years of professional experience in software development is required.
- A minimum of 8 (eight) years related in the software development field.
- Able to provide all activities related to the administration of computerized databases.
- Expert-level knowledge of latest Microsoft SQL Server.
- Experience with DTS and SSIS is required.
- Experience using XML within SQL procedures and functions.
- Experience working in a web development environment.
- Knowledge of programming languages such as C#, VB.net, ASP.NET. PowerBuilder.
Customer Value Partners, Inc. is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor and an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability. Customer Value Partners seeks to provide employment opportunities for protected veterans and individuals with disabilities.