Life moves faster than ever. Change is continuous, accelerated by technology and embraced by society.
How organizations respond to change determines success or failure. With drivers of change including technological disruption, a dynamic workforce, and shifting political priorities, the need for organizations to be agile and adapt to change has never been greater. To harness continuous change, organizations are turning to modernization. CVP is a management consulting company that helps organizations navigate change and prepare for a culture of continuous change with innovative strategies and solutions.
Change Happens. Continuously. Are you and your organization ready?
We’re CVP, Navigating Change.
CVP seeks a Senior Database Engineer to be responsible for all aspects of the design, development and delivery of all data and database solutions. The professional in this role will support and maintain data and database systems to meet business delivery specifications and needs. The professional in this role will be instrumental in designing, updating and maintaining mission critical systems. The professional in this role will provide guidance and support to all technical positions including system architects, developers and database administrators.
Major Areas of Responsibility
- Design, implement, and maintain complex databases, access methods, access time, device allocation, validation checks, protection and security, documentation, and statistical methods.
- Design, create, maintain and upgrade database architectures based on system requirements in a client/server environment. Including data structures/architectures, database programming to support processes and data access methods.
- Able to perform data cleaning and comparison analysis while maintaining detailed version histories of the data.
- Complete statistical analysis of data especially distribution
- Create and execute backup integrity checks and disaster recovery plan
- Enforce change management processes in each application environment
- Mask and replicate large data sets (for privacy and testing purposes) using enterprise tools
- Provide all activities related to the administration of computerized databases.
- Projects long-range requirements for database administration and design in conjunction with other managers in the information systems function.
- Conduct quality control and auditing of databases in a client/server environment to ensure accurate and appropriate use of data.
- Apply knowledge and experience with database technologies, development methodologies, and front-end back-end programming languages. Performs database programming and supports systems design.
- Maintenance database dictionaries, overall monitoring of standards and procedures, file design and storage, and integration of systems through database design.
- Capture functional requirements and troubleshoot issues in cooperation with the application developers.
- Collaborate, guide and mentor other DB engineers and team members.
- Must be eligible to obtain a Secret government security clearance.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science Information Sciences, Cybersecurity or related IT discipline.
- Additional ten (10) years of related professional experience accepted in lieu of education.
- Able to translate business needs into long-term architecture solutions
- Create necessary technical documentation, configuration guides and SOPs. Document database architectures for technical teams (detailed level), IT managers (architectural level), customers (conceptual level)
- Subject Matter Expert with SQL Server Database Administration; must be proficient with SQL Server technology
- Expertise with SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS), SQL Server Analysis Services (SSAS), SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS), high-speed data transfers. Strong experience with DTS
- Create, update and maintain stored procedures. Able to complete performance analysis and performance tuning of database code, SQL queries and stored procedures
- Able to create, update and modify ERD with appropriate PK and FK and its relationship in order to obtain a normalized database.
- Able to optimize and redesign databases.
- The contractor must have extensive experience using XML within SQL procedures and functions.
- Experience working in a web development environment.
- A minimum of 10 (ten) years of professional experience in database development day-to-day operational maintenance, support.
- A minimum of 10 years of professional experience working with SQL Server. Expert level knowledge of relational databases and concepts.
Customer Value Partners, Inc. is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor and an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability. Customer Value Partners seeks to provide employment opportunities for protected veterans and individuals with disabilities.