Life moves faster than ever. Change is continuous, accelerated by technology and embraced by society.
How organizations respond to change determines success or failure. With drivers of change including technological disruption, a dynamic workforce, and shifting political priorities, the need for organizations to be agile and adapt to change has never been greater. To harness continuous change, organizations are turning to modernization. CVP is a management consulting company that helps organizations navigate change and prepare for a culture of continuous change with innovative strategies and solutions.
Change Happens. Continuously. Are you and your organization ready?
We’re CVP, Navigating Change.
CVP seeks a Data Architect to be responsible for designing, creating, deploying and managing how the data will be stored, consumed, integrated and managed by different data entities and IT systems, as well as any applications using or processing that data in some way. The professional in this role will be instrumental in designing, updating and maintaining mission critical systems. The professional in this role will provide guidance and support to all technical positions including system architects, developers and database administrators.
Major Areas of Responsibility
- Design new architectures and re-designing existing architectures; including data structures and database code. Design and build relational databases.
- Perform data access analysis design, and archive/recovery design and implementation, especially in a Microsoft SQL Server environment. Able to define, design, and build dimensional databases.
- Design and implement all database objects including schemas, tables, clusters, indexes, views, sequences, packages and procedures based on system requirements
- Develop data warehousing blueprints, evaluating hardware and software platforms, and integrating systems. Develop strategies for data acquisitions, archive recovery, and implementation of a database. Translates business needs into long-term architecture solutions
- Managing input of various data sources, definition of database architecture, development of database code, construction and maintenance of ETL based processes, design of database reporting, construction of data flow diagrams and creation of documentation manuals.
- Creating code for database modification, constructing and accessing databases using stored procedures, triggers and functions; developing ETL processes.
- Implement and optimize queries and stored procedures. Expert knowledge with data profiling and migration tasks. Data migration expertise.
- Designing new architectures and re-designing existing architectures (including data structures and database code)
- Review and develop object and data models and the metadata repository to structure the data for better management and quicker access.
- Must be eligible to obtain a Secret government security clearance.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science Information Sciences or related IT discipline.
- Additional ten (10) years of related professional experience accepted in lieu of education.
- A minimum of ten (10) years of professional experience in database architecture.
- A minimum of twelve (12) years related in the software development field.
- Expert in backup integrity and disaster recovery situations. Expert in a data warehouse environment, which includes data design, database architecture, and metadata repository creation.
- Expert with data definition language to implement database objects. Experience with coding stored procedures, functions, and triggers to implement data access controls
- Expert reviewing, testing, and troubleshooting database structures and code. Experience masking and replicating large data sets (for privacy and testing purposes) using enterprise tools
- Enforce change management processes in each environment
- Expert-level knowledge of Microsoft SQL Server.
Customer Value Partners, Inc. is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor and an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability. Customer Value Partners seeks to provide employment opportunities for protected veterans and individuals with disabilities.