Life moves faster than ever. Change is continuous, accelerated by technology and embraced by society.
How organizations respond to change determines success or failure. With drivers of change including technological disruption, a dynamic workforce, and shifting political priorities, the need for organizations to be agile and adapt to change has never been greater. To harness continuous change, organizations are turning to modernization. CVP is a management consulting company that helps organizations navigate change and prepare for a culture of continuous change with innovative strategies and solutions.
Change Happens. Continuously. Are you and your organization ready?
We’re CVP, Navigating Change.
CVP seeks several highly talented Data Scientists at various levels of their career to provide expertise across several projects we've recently expanded. Our mission is to architect, build, and support innovative federal IT systems which focus on optimizing government programs and outcomes. The Data Scientist will apply advanced statistical methods to the data from these systems, looking for new insights and measures that can improve performance and outcomes.
The professional in this role will work with clients to assess the feasibility of applying AI to different problems, perform exploratory data analysis, train predictive models, diagnose their performance, and put them into production use. The Data Scientist will also collaborate with team members to develop dynamic dashboards that enhance the utility of information. This is an excellent opportunity to demonstrate creativity and expertise in analysis, visualizations, and adoption of innovative techniques and approaches.
To learn about some of the projects we're working on, check out:
Fake News Detector with Explainable AI
Skin Cancer Detector
Location is Fairfax, Virginia with opportunities for remote / work from home.
Major Areas of Responsibility
- Apply machine learning techniques to a variety of topics like healthcare, public safety, and national security.
- Develop easy to use dashboards to show the results of data analyses and predictions.
- Present results to a diverse audience in presentation or report form.
- Bachelor's Degree in Data Science, Information Systems, Statistics, or equivalent experience.
- Experience using predictive analytics for one year (junior) to 5+ years (senior).
- Familiar with all parts of the typical ML workflow, from structuring of the problem, to wrangling of training data, to evaluation of model performance via review of different performance metrics.
- Strong knowledge of the use of R and/or Python.
- Experience with Tableau, MicroStrategy, Power BI, Plotly, or other dashboarding/analytic tools.
- Comfortable presenting complex topics to different audiences via oral and written communication.
Customer Value Partners, Inc. is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor and an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability. Customer Value Partners seeks to provide employment opportunities for protected veterans and individuals with disabilities.
- Experience with big data tools like Hadoop and Spark.
- AWS, Azure, or Google Cloud.
- Familiar with Linux.
- Links to work on Kaggle / GitHub highly appreciated.