Life moves faster than ever. Change is continuous, accelerated by technology and embraced by society.
How organizations respond to change determines success or failure. With drivers of change including technological disruption, a dynamic workforce, and shifting political priorities, the need for organizations to be agile and adapt to change has never been greater. To harness continuous change, organizations are turning to modernization. CVP is a management consulting company that helps organizations navigate change and prepare for a culture of continuous change with innovative strategies and solutions.
Change Happens. Continuously. Are you and your organization ready?
We’re CVP, Navigating Change.
CVP seeks very experienced Senior Network Engineer to join our CVP team onsite at Dept of State. The Senior Network Engineer will work hands-on to manage LAN environments in a Cisco-based network and maintain the existing WiFi network onsite.
Major Areas of Responsibilities
- Analyze, design, install, configure, optimize, and maintain LAN environments and related technologies and equipment.
- Monitor network status, network connectivity, switch operation, firewalls, load balancing technology, and router configuration using various utilities and commands.
- Provide direction and recommendations regarding network configurations and installations by maintaining network diagrams, configurations, and/or other pertinent project or implementation documentation.
- Active Secret government security clearance.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Business, Information Technology, Electrical Engineering, or MIS.
- 4 years of IT experience accepted in lieu of education.
- Experience on implementation and management of Cisco’s Identity Services Engine (ISE).
- Experience on implementation and management of Cisco’s enterprise wireless services.
- Experience collaborating with other network engineers to establish and maintain a WLAN design, particularly with regards to federal government security requirements.
- Experience performing daily administrative tasks and user/policies maintenance on ISE.
- Experience utilizing various monitoring tools, performing active monitoring and remediation of rouge intrusions.
- Experience with CISCO ASA, Firewalls and configuration.
- Experience with Palo Alto Firewalls and configuration.
- Experience performing network engineering tasks on Cisco routers, switches, and firewalls.
- Experience automating processes for producing real-time performance and availability data for the networks as well as aggregated daily and weekly reports on peak loads, totals, and utilization per segment.
- Experience with Fiber Channel networks as used among application and database servers, virtual machine instances, and storage area networks.
- Demonstrated experience in design and configuration of secured extensions of internal networks via the Internet, using VPN “tunnels".
- Experience modifying or creating new rule-sets or configurations of existing and new Cisco routers and switches as required to maintain, enhanced, or restore network services.
- Experience with network monitoring tools such as Net Brain and Solar Winds.
- Certifications in multiple areas including security are a plus.
Customer Value Partners, Inc. is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor and an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability. Customer Value Partners seeks to provide employment opportunities for protected veterans and individuals with disabilities.