Major Areas of Responsibility
- Lead the analysis and respond to security incidents, conduct security testing, and implement new security detection and protection technologies.
- Conduct proactive assessment, threat identification, tool research, and vulnerability management.
- Investigate and handle security incidents, monitor log files and incoming alerts, identify security weaknesses, and develop, present, and implement sound recommendations for remediation.
- Research and recommend technology solutions to challenges with SOC tools, and determine root causes of security issues.
- Evaluate the technical impact of threat intelligence and recommend process improvements to safeguard computer networks and systems.
- Master's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Information Technology, or a closely related field, and six years of experience in information security operations, or Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Information Technology, or a closely related field, and eight years of experience.
- Must have six years of experience with: 1) Information Security Principles; 2) UNIX/LINUX commands and scripting; 3) SOC tools (Splunk, CISCO FireSight, Sourcefire, Blue Coat, Symantec, Wireshark, Nessus); 4) Packet capture and analysis; 5) Data Communications; and 6) NOC.
- Must have the following Certifications: 1) CISSP, CEH, or an incidence response certification; 2) Splunk; 3) SSCP; and 4) CCE.
To apply, please go to , click on http://cvp.catsone.com/careers/ and search for Senior Security Operations Engineer position. Please follow the instructions to apply.
CVP is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor and an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability. Customer Value Partners seeks to provide employment opportunities for protected veterans and individuals with disabilities.