Security Operations Center (SOC) Analyst
CVP is seeking a highly talented Security Operations Center (SOC) Analyst to analyze security event information, determine and respond to security incidents, and support the implementation of new security detection and protection technologies for the federal civilian agency responsible for US food security.
Major Areas of Responsibility
- Monitor log files and incoming alerts
- Respond to investigations, and analyze security events to determine appropriate actions
- Identify security weaknesses
- Develop, present and implement sound recommendation for remediation
- Investigate to determine root causes of security issues
- Documents and keeps management team informed with information about security posture and events
- Remote management and troubleshooting of workstations and servers
Required Skills & Qualifications
- Must be U.S. Citizen and eligible to obtain a Public Trust government security clearance
- 2 years of active security operations center (SOC) experience
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or related field or 5 years working in a SOC role in lieu of education
- Solid understanding and experience with implementing cloud based technologies, such as AWS and Azure
- Knowledgeable of Windows and UNIX/LINIX environments, and Networking protocols
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral (a technical writing test will be administered)
- Fluency with MS Excel
Desired Skills & Qualifications
- Federal security experience
- CISSP, CEH, or Incident Response certification
- Experience developing Splunk queries
CVP is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor and an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability. Customer Value Partners seeks to provide employment opportunities for protected veterans and individuals with disabilities.
Don’t see an opening in your field? Click Register above to create a general application.