CVP is seeking a highly talented Telecommunications Engineer to serve as the Telecommunications Engineering Lead for support of network infrastructure devices; VOIP and AV infrastructure systems; hardware systems interoperability; virtual system management; data storage, control, retention, and continuity of operations; database administration and application development; software testing and systems interoperability; and other specialized project IT support.
Major Areas of Responsibility
- Manage the translation of business requirements into telecommunications requirements, designs and orders
- Provide in-depth engineering analysis of telecommunications alternatives for government agencies in support of their strategic modernization efforts
- Provide telecommunications enhancement designs for medium and large-scale telecommunication infrastructures
- Provide interface support to telecommunications end users, telecommunications operations personnel, and telecommunications strategic program management
- Support telecommunications infrastructure using technology, and telecommunications engineering best practices (Transport Control Protocol / Internet Protocol (TCP/IP), routing protocols, LAN switching, Internet and Intranet systems, and Simple Network Management Protocol (SNMP) based network management systems)
- Lead design efforts that require in-depth technical knowledge of both wide area and local area communications
- Analyze network performance with tools such as Sniffers, Concord Network Health, or Network Informant; or network management tools such as Hewlett Packard Openview or Tivoli
- Conduct capacity planning and performance engineering using modeling and simulation tools such as COMNET III, Netmaker Mainstation, NetRule, or OPNET products
- Perform comparative analysis of systems and designs based on merit and cost (in terms of capital and ongoing operations); and/or engineering economics (engineering-related cost benefit analysis)
- Provide daily supervision and direction to support staff supporting telecommunications and related functions
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Computer Science, or Information Management
- Must have an active Secret government security clearance
- At least seven years of experience in some, most, or all the following:
- Cisco Voice Over IP (VOIP) including Voicemail, E911, and a VOIP-based Mass Warning Notification (MWN) system. Such experience shall include the design, repair, management, maintenance, and upgrade of the holistic system to include supporting circuits to the Public Switched Telephone Network (PSTN) and E911 Centers
- Serving as VOIP Technical Lead over all aspects of a Cisco VOIP system such as the endpoints (telephones, ATAs, etc.), Unity Call Managers, supporting virtualization and fault tolerant environments, and supporting transport infrastructures (physical wiring, routers, switches, firewalls, etc.).
- Network architectures and infrastructure devices such as physical wiring, firewalls, routers, load balancers, VPN concentrators, headend equipment for network service delivery points, reverse proxies, web security gateways, and switches. Such experience shall include the design and architecture, support, management, maintenance, operation, and upgrade of the underlying logical network enclave
- Technical knowledge in network management and telecommunications maintenance, system management, system configuration management, helpdesk/IT services, software application development and management, disaster recovery and critical infrastructure continuity and contingency planning, cyber security, risk management and information assurance
- DoD telecommunications engineering experience
- AMRDEC experience – knowledge of AMRDEC information systems and related IT, business operations, technical operations, and risk management
- Army application programming and development experience
- Familiarity with automation, data/telecommunications, visual information, programming support, audio/visual, database management and support, data input/output devices, surge/Uninterrupted Power System (UPS) devices, and cloud services/virtualization
Customer Value Partners, Inc. is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor and an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability. Customer Value Partners seeks to provide employment opportunities for protected veterans and individuals with disabilities.