CVP is seeking a highly talented Systems Engineer to serve as the lead for support of network infrastructure devices; VOIP and AV infrastructure systems; hardware systems interoperability; virtual system management; data storage, control, retention, and continuity of operations; database administration and application development; software testing and systems interoperability; and other specialized project IT support.
Major Areas of Responsibility
- Supervise, coordinate and/or perform additions and changes to network hardware and operating systems, and attached devices; including investigation, analysis, recommendation, configuration, installation, and testing of new network hardware and software
- Provide direct support in the day-to-day operations of network hardware and operating systems including the evaluation of system utilization, monitoring response time and primary support for detection and correction of operational problems
- Troubleshoot at the physical level of the network, working with network measurement hardware and software, as well as physical checking and testing of hardware devices at the logical level, working with communication protocols
- Participate in planning design, technical review and implementation for new network infrastructure hardware and network operating systems for voice and data communication networks
- Maintain network infrastructure standards including network communication protocols such as TCP/IP
- Provide technical consultation, training and support to IT staff as designated by the government
- Diagnose and resolve complex communication problems
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Computer Science, or Information Management
- Must have an active Secret government security clearance
- At least seven years of experience in some, most, or all the following:
- Management, troubleshooting, design, and architecture of Public Key Infrastructure (PKI), encryption (Data-At-Rest), Secure Socket Layer (SSL), and single and two-factor authentication technologies in an enterprise network environment. Examples include Active Directory, Army Knowledge Online (AKO) Single Sign On (SSO), Active Directory Federated Services (ADFS), Centrify (SSO Macintosh environment), ActiveClient (SSO Windows authentication) and Online Certificate Status Protocol (OCSP) systems, and Lightweight Directory Access Protocol (LDAP) systems and architectures.
- Data-At-Rest (DAR) technologies used in an enterprise network environment such as Microsoft BitLocker and associated management toolsets such as Microsoft BitLocker Administration and Monitoring (MBAM). This includes key retrieval, key escrow, and decryption and data recovery. Also included are DAR technologies and associated toolsets supporting the Mac OS and Linux environment such as FileVault and DM-Crypt with Luks.
- Microsoft and Non-Microsoft desktop and server operating system management functions (e.g., server life cycle management, security and intrusion detection/prevention)
- Management and life cycle functions such as patching, installation, provisioning, and configuration which requires experience, knowledge, and skills with management tools such as Microsoft Systems Center Configuration Manager (SCCM), Casper, Puppet, and Red Hat Enterprise Linux. Sometimes patches have negative effects such as breaking or degrading other functionality, therefore experience with patch testing, identifying, and establishing workarounds is required.
- Host Based Security System (HBSS) and HBSS components such as ePO, DLP, HIPS, and Virus Scan Enterprise to conduct operational asset scanning, security hardening, programming, configuration, and management of the endpoint systems as well as the HBSS architecture itself.
- Installation, troubleshooting, support, and maintenance of server and desktop hardware hosting environments and software virtualization environments for servers and desktops such as Dell blade server architectures, Nutanix, VMWare vSphere, VMWare vCenter, and VMWare Horizon View.
- Technical knowledge in network management and telecommunications maintenance, system management, system configuration management, helpdesk/IT services, software application development and management, disaster recovery and critical infrastructure continuity and contingency planning, cyber security, risk management and information assurance
- DoD systems engineering experience
- AMRDEC experience – knowledge of AMRDEC information systems and related IT, business operations, technical operations, and risk management
- Army systems engineering experience
- Familiarity with automation, data/telecommunications, visual information, programming support, audio/visual, database management and support, data input/output devices, surge/Uninterrupted Power System (UPS) devices, and cloud services/virtualization
Customer Value Partners, Inc. is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor and an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability. Customer Value Partners seeks to provide employment opportunities for protected veterans and individuals with disabilities.