CVP, a strategic business and technology services firm, is seeking a talented Quality Lead to join our growing team in Fairfax, Virginia or Columbia, Maryland.
As an essential member of our team, reporting to the Director of Quality, the Quality Lead will provide CVP with strategic and tactical leadership in the development and implementation of world class, quality policies, programs, methodologies, methods, tools and procedures in support of our overall Operational Excellence goals and objectives. CVP is currently CMMI Maturity Level 3 for both Services and Development with a potential goal of achieving CMMI Level 4 Maturity in the future.
The professional in this role will serve as CVP's quality ambassador firm-wide, working directly with the PMO as well as program staff to refine a quantitative measurement program based on projects’ quality and process objectives, using selected measures and analytic techniques, including statistical process control. Evangelical about quality, the Quality lead will support the firms strategic objectives with regard to. quality certifications. The Quality Lead’s objective is to ensure we are delivering quality products and services to our clients and that we have the proper processes in place to conduct peer reviews or checks throughout the organization, not necessarily that everything must go through a review by Quality.
Major Areas of Responsibility
- Establish and direct an overall Quality vision and direction for the daily operations of the CVP quality function
- Become the custodian (owner) of the Quality methodology for the firm
- Initiate the use of world class quality tools, methods, processes and methodology within the Quality organization to support the overall operational goals
- Assure compliance to firm and industry standards for all quality procedures and processes
- Maintain balance in quality expectations, helping to drive quality into the day to day activities of individuals through the use of peer reviews while providing oversight
- Help drive a high-level of internal and external customer service through sound quality practices
- Where quality challenges exist, investigate, determine root cause, initiate permanent corrective action and note customer issues and complaints as they arise
- Support Project Management staff in gaining understanding of quality expectations and processes
- Develop and implement quality initiatives around process improvements and handling customer issues
- Assess and implement the appropriate data analysis, quality systems, and inspection criteria and procedures to ensure the high technical integrity of our quality processes and results, these processes can be implemented by individuals across the company, but Quality should have oversight and direction to ensure they are being followed
- Develop, implement and support quality and process improvement initiatives for CMMI Maturity Level 3 recertification for services and development (2019)
- Lead the pursuit of CMMI Maturity Level 4 and possibly Level 5 certification, if this becomes a CVP initiative
- Current US federal government clearance or ability to obtain clearance
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Strong troubleshooting, analysis, and problem-solving skills
- CMMI Level 3 Development experience at a minimum, but prefer higher (Services is nice to have)
- Experienced at applying CMMI in an Agile environment
- CMMI Institute's Understanding CMMI High Maturity Practices Training (or equivalent)
- Experience with Process Improvement, Quality Assurance, Six Sigma and Statistical Analysis
- Experience working with software design principles
- Previous experience with measurement and inspection techniques, defect and root cause analysis and Statistical Process Control for software development projects
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, management information systems, or related field preferred
Customer Value Partners, Inc. is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor and an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability. Customer Value Partners seeks to provide employment opportunities for protected veterans and individuals with disabilities.